Job ID#: 10108
Contract Accounting Associate Needed!!!
Great Downtown Houston Location!
To 30$ hr.
BASIC FUNCTION: Focus will be on managing the collections activity and credit risk management of a defined group of accounts. Will monitor all order activities and their credit line utilization to assure compliance with credit guidelines, to maximize cash flow from account receivables, and minimize bad debt losses.
Job duties will include:
- Customer credit file maintenance, collection activity, financial statement analysis along with contacting banks, trade references, and direct contact with customers.
- Will interact on a daily basis with customers, customer service and sales personnel and senior credit personnel.
- Will work with the Supply Chain organization concerning chargeback detail analysis and trending.
- BA degree in business administration, accounting, or finance or a minimum of 1-4 years business experience or equivalent.
- Requires understanding of credit and financial statement analysis, knowledge of applicable credit law, analytical and interpretative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required interacting with customers, sales personnel, banks and industry contacts.
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with Business, Product, and Sales groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for understanding risks associated with domestic customer base through preparation of financial analysis spreadsheets, trade references and customer performance and recommending the manageable risk level to Senior Credit Personnel on those accounts above their authority level.
- Develop and maintain continuous dialogue with Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, and other departments as necessary regarding risk issues associated with customers.
- Improve cash flow of the Company through timely collection of outstanding receivables.