Job ID#: 10156
LATAM Credit Specialist
Regional energy commodities supply & trading client.
International LATAM credit expertise in the energy commodities trading and marketing or similar space is a MUST
Accountabilities, Required Skills, and Experience:
– onboarding new and administering existing counterparties for Company’s LATAM strategy
– commercial credit assessment of both US and In-country energy commodities trading and marketing counterparties
– knows credit for in-country and waterborne (preferred) in Mexico, Panama, Brazil, Paraguay
– bi-lingual English and Spanish speaking, reading, and writing skills a must
– bi-cultural experience sufficient enough to be able to conduct business in English and Spanish. (Portuguese a plus)
– International LATAM credit expertise in the energy commodities trading and marketing space is a MUST
– In-country (LATAM countries-central & south America) credit risk management operating nuances and operating standards expertise.
– savvy in performing financial statement analysis of both audited and non-audited financials and utilizing evaluation factors outside of financial statements is required.
– experience with both waterborne and land-based transportation logistics credit assessment and structuring is required
– versed with both documentary and standby Letters of Credit to interface with trade finance team is required
– versed with INCO terms, UCP 600, ISP98 is a significant plus
– 5-15 years’ experience performing and administering LATAM credit risk and exposure management
– Formal bank credit training a plus or equivalent industry credit experience required;
– some ability to travel to LATAM countries as necessary
– Market competitive Base salary plus discretionary bonus
(NOTE: local talent in the Greater Houston Area is highly preferred, but out of market candidates evaluated on a case by case basis DOE; will require relocation to Houston, TX if out of market; this is an “in-the-office” role)
Direct Qualified inquiries reach me at: email@example.com