Job ID#: 10184
Title: Staff Accountant
Assignment Duration: 4 month contract
Location: Pearland, Zip Code 77581
Hours 8-5 M-F
Pay: $27-$30 hour depending on experience
One of the top employers in the Pearland area is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant in a contract capacity to help provide support to their accounting team and assist with AP backlog.
THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE ROLE!!!
- Perform general ledger accounting and analysis throughout the month
- Prepare journal entries supported by appropriate documentation
- Prepare GL account reconciliations following up on aged items
- Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing procedures
- Assist Accounts Payable department with invoice backlog
- Prepare SOX compliant documentation in accordance with regulation manual
- Assist with internal/external audits to ensure efficient reviews of financial data and controls
- Research accounting issues and conduct special projects as assigned
- Provide financial support for Business Managers and clearly communicate responses
- Assist with a continued effort to develop and implement new processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience in General Accountant or Staff Accountant role
- Experience with chemical, oil and gas or related industries preferred
- Understanding of GAAP, FASB, IFRS, and similar regulations and requirements
- Excellent software accounting and financial systems skills needed: (MS Office, Oracle or other ERP system such as SAP or JDE)
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Company is following COVID-19 protocol per CDS guidelines. Masks are to be worn in office unless vaccinated.