Job ID#: 10248
Job Title: Sr. HR Generalist
Location: LaPorte, TX
Pay: $35 / hour
- Build trust-based, collaborative relationship with executives, managers, and supervisors.
- Lead, manage, and communicate the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining HRIS and payroll processing; analyzes, prepares and process payroll data; uses payroll system to produce accurate, timely payroll.
- Verifies timecards in order to process payroll timely and accurately.
- Performs per-pay-period timesheet audits including review of exceptions and missing timesheets; contacts supervisors, as needed, to make corrections.
- Answers payroll and time and attendance inquiries as they arise.
- Maintains garnishment files and tracks garnishments for completion.
- Prepares various payroll and General Ledger reports and distributes to appropriate departments and management.
- Assists with recruiting for all levels of employees; works with managers and supervisors to create job requisitions, post on job boards complying with all EEOC guidelines; prescreens candidate resumes, conducts interviews both by phone and in person.
- Reads and reviews all incoming resumes to determine compatibility with advertised job, forward acceptable candidates to the appropriate manager for further review
- Follows company protocol for new hire approval, writes offer letters, initiates background checks
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field, a PHR certification, or a minimum of five years HR experience in a generalist/Sr. generalist role
- Knowledge of Labor Law and other State/Federal laws and requirements, EEO, AAP, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA, etc. Including California.
- Strong ATS experience, preferably on ADP
- Experience with assessing, interviewing and onboarding new hires
- Strong multi-site payroll experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills – specifically advanced with Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Demonstrated skills in employee relations
- High level of emotional maturity. Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback. Excellent verbal and written communication skills