Job ID#: 10260
Job Overview: This position will be responsible for maintaining assigned accounts/portfolio as well as resolving billing issues.
- Be main point of contact/responsible for local/regional accounts as assigned and interface with these customers and others on billing issues as they arise.
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve customer discrepancies and short payments
- Monitor and maintain assigned accounts/portfolio – customer follow ups, account adjustments, small balance write offs and customer reconciliations
- Enter revenue adjustments (credits/debits) into SOFI accounting system with approval of branch manager
- Enlist the efforts of sales, branch and/or senior management when necessary to accelerate the dispute resolution process
- Undertake in-depth account research to resolve outstanding customer service/billing issues for assigned accounts.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with direct manager & district controller regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Process “Transfer to Collections” paperwork for accounts being sent to third party collection agency
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers and company staff
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor & district controller
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Meet defined department goals
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary
- 4 + years work experience managing commercial accounts – small to large in size
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where changes to procedure are common.
- Ability to use multiple systems concurrently
- Must possess analytical skills relating to customer service and collections.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Position requires strong PC skills and a working knowledge of Outlook, Oracle, GetPaid, Word and Excel
The ideal person should be able to handle high volume accounts, with advanced reconciliation skills, advanced excel skills which includes extensive knowledge of pivot tables, vlookup etc.
GetPaid experience highly preferred Oracle experience optional. Attention to detail as well as experienced in working disputes in previous jobs is highly recommended.
Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).