Manager, Trading Risk
Job ID#: 10498
Manager, Trading Risk (Crude & Products)
Manage a team of Middle Office professionals who distribute daily exposure and profit & loss reports.
Lead, Supervise and develop team members, improve processes and assure that control standards are maintained.
- Driving synergies across different business stakeholders by identifying opportunities, developing strategic and tactical resolutions and delivering measurable results – Commercial, Operations, Inventory Control, Contracts, Settlements, Technology & Senior Management
- Supervise and provide strategic direction for the Mid-Office team.
- Select, coach, train and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Manage reference data, trade capture, scheduling, risk exposures, and the mark-to-market profit/loss component of ETRM software; this then allows for the planning, tracking, management and accounting for product that is physically moved from source to point of usage
- Development and enhancement of new reporting tools, key performance indicators and control functions for the Mid-Office.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or engineering required
- Minimum five years’ commodities trading firm/industry experience required in a middle office risk management role specifically handling crude and refined products
- Minimum three year’s leadership experience in a commodities trading firm required
- Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel skills required
- Minimum three years’ experience with RightAngle or ETRM systems required
- Minimum five years’ experience working with front, middle and back office business and operational processes required
- Experience with process improvements and analytics required
- Familiarity with SQL
- Team Leadership
- Ability to understand and translate commercial needs to other functional teams
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking and financial acumen
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate confidence, professionalism, and assertiveness in complex and challenging circumstances
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Proficiency in internal networking, teamwork, and relationship building
Market competitive comp to $200K DOE, bonus, and full suite of benefits
Qualified inquiries: [email protected]
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!