Job ID#: 10508
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for compiling amounts owed by the company to vendors, suppliers, or other organizations/individuals. This position performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Process large quantities of invoices on a monthly basis, including PO invoices using 3-way match, and check requests, ensuring proper approval and coding are retrieved.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies involving quantities, pricing, and receiving between vendors and branches.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, correct discrepancies, and request refunds from vendors for any outstanding credits.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience in processing unclaimed property or escheatment.
- Understanding of sales use tax and how to accrue tax on invoices.
- Knowledge of internal controls and fraud prevention.
- Demonstrated experience in how to manage VMF, including OFAC, TIN matching, and 1099 processing.
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- High school diploma required, associate’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Proficient in Advanced Excel (V-Look Up and Pivot Tables) and Word, 10-key by touch, e-Emphasys experience a plus.
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with an emphasis on Ability to analyze interpret financial reports and data, as well as maintain detailed fiscal records and files.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
BENEFITS CONDITIONS: Only Full Time employees eligible
WORK REMOTELY: Not available at this time
*Due to the high volume of applications we normally receive, we are not able to personally respond to all applicants. However, if you are selected to move forward in the process, you will be contacted soon regarding next steps.