Job ID#: 10835
Contract to Hire/Direct Hire
$26-28 hourly based on experience
In-Office Position, Galleria Area – Houston
Legal assistant with superb research and administrative skills needed!
Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal research on cases and gather pertinent legal information.
- Compile, proofread and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Assist with any case preparation
- Daily record keeping with electronic and physical filing of caseloads.
- Analyze and summarize documents.
- Assist with the administration and management of workflow.
- Locate, communicate and even interview witnesses.
- General administrative duties ie. answering correspondence and taking telephone calls.
- Minimum of paralegal certification or similar preferred.
- Two years of legal research experience.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Lexis-Nexis, PACER, Westlaw and other legal research sites.