Job ID#: 11042
Need Experienced Buyer for growing Valve Co.!
To 25$ hourly, possible direct hire opportunity for the right fit.
About our client:
Our clients’ teams don’t just make and sell pumps, valves and seals, they create extraordinary flow-control solutions to make the world better for everyone.
- Work with a collaborative spirit within purchasing and other support organizations.
- Share information, volunteer to help or ask for help with ebbs and flows of workload.
- Provide a professional interface to assigned suppliers.
- Develop relationships while understanding open orders.
- Expedite and negotiate as required.
- Review documentation to assure all part drawings, materials, and customer specifications are available for supplier bid and manufacture.
- Make timely purchase decisions based on supplier capacity, capability, price and quality history.
- Confirm all required information is supplied clearly to the supplier in the purchase order.
- Obtain delivery acknowledgement and promise dates, negotiating where necessary for on timely deliver.
- Review, update, and maintain status reports as assigned.
- Ensure that priority and past due orders are updated regularly, take action as needed.
- Ensure action items as assigned are reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Associates degree with 5-7 years of related experience or BS with 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Working capability with Excel and associated office products.
- Knowledge business principles such as purchasing, profit and loss, material logistics, and impact of lead times and manufacturing cycles.