Job ID#: 11134
Collection Specialist – B2B
Oversee the collection responsibilities and assist all co-workers with questions and special projects. Work closely with management to document procedures and assist in training of current and new employees. Work with outside collection agencies/attorneys on behalf of the company to assure the companies best interest is obtained. Assist in all external/internal audit requests, provide support and/or process other departmental tasks as needed. Monitor that all daily/monthly mandated deadlines are met.
- Assist in contacting customers by all forms of communication to resolve past due balances and any other account situations. Electronically document all interactions with customers.
- Monitor and ensure all accounts receivable past due reports that aid in the company’s collection efforts are timely and communicated to the management and sales staff.
- Research and create required adjustments including credit memos/discounts up to a specified limit and post to the proper general ledger account.
- Researches, reconciles, and defines customers receivable balances in relation to company terms and customer agreements.
- Produce and distribute weekly Accounts Receivable aging reports.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the accounts receivable and sales department and to assure a full understanding of the customer’s account and its terms and conditions.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer accounts, customer lists, and company financial information
- Assist in monthly closing duties when needed to assure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to effectively communicate policies, processes, and decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Excellent analytical skills