Job ID#: 11150
Treasury Manager / Assistant Treasurer
- Treasury and Trade Finance professionals – Treasury Manager is a working manager role initially an individual contributor but expected to subsequently manage a staff of junior Treasury professionals and provide mentorship and supporting their career growth.
- In addition to daily duties, plays an integral part in the strategic growth of the company's trading business
- Assists senior treasury leadership in managing bank relationships, optimizing financing structures, collaborating with front-office traders, and promoting process and system improvements
- High visibility role that interfaces and collaborates with multiple organization functions including Treasury, Trade Finance, Credit, Middle Office, Legal and Accounting
- Ensures seamless coverage of funding requirements.
- Must be polished professional accustomed to maintaining critical external relationships with key stakeholders including banking partners.
Core Role Accountabilities:
Operational focus is on managing daily treasury operations of the company:
- Demanding and fast-paced environment with high exposure to management and front-office teams
- Cashflow forecasting
- Variance reporting
- Day-to-day management of liquidity
- Day-to-day management of payment approvals process
- Full custody of Borrowing Base and other bank reporting
- Monitoring FX exposure and hedging risks
- Owns working capital allocations, tracking, and costing
Partners with Senior financial leadership on strategic focus such as:
- Assisting in providing guidance on growth and expansion efforts:
- Expanding bank relationships
- Mentoring younger talent
- Optimizing financing structures
- Promoting process efficiencies through technology enhancements
- 10+ years overall relevant experience covering finance, trade finance, credit, accounting, cash management and treasury management
- Minimum 2 years treasury operations experience.
- Prior experience in managing other employees including mentoring younger talent
- Experience in the commodities trading space, ideally with trading and financing agreements
- Accustomed to working in roles with a heavy focus on marketing company financial wherewithal and optimizing obtaining unsecured open credit limits from trading counterparties across the industry
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Fluent English required, other languages will be an asset
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrate and inspire integrity and professionalism
- Self-motivated and goal orientated
- Team player; able to build relationships across the company
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and build their spreadsheet and database models.
- Programming experience also highly desirable (Python, Power BI a plus)
QUALIFIED INQUIRIES: [email protected]