Job ID#: 11248
(Houston, TX – local candidates only)
Responsible for approval and administration of credit to a group of assigned accounts. Commits the company to provide unsecured or secured lines of credit up to $3MM. Exercises continuous control of customer accounts balances within established terms and limits. Meets with marketing representatives and /or customers for strategic and problem-solving purposes. Instruct less experienced personnel in evaluation and controlling credit risk situations. Assists manager in his/her respective duties through recommendations involving procedures and standards.
- College Degree (Bachelors Level). – Finance/Accounting preferred
- Credit Certification and/or experience can substitute for degree.
- Minimum 3 yrs job related experience
- Prefer experience with crude and/or refined products trading & marketing credit but will consider bank credit training in Oil & gas group.
- High level of financial skills to perform risk/reward & trend analysis.
- High level of knowledge of corporate credit management policies.
- Skills to investigate, analyze & evaluate credit.
- Ability to advise others of existing & potential customers where growth /restrictions are warranted.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to protect company interest.
- Competent to work on complex projects & recommend changes where needed.
- Minimal supervision.
- Basic to moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- SAP knowledge is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Credit Evaluations on both new and existing counterparties
- Investigate, analyze and evaluate the financial risk/reward of extending credit to existing and potential customers.
- Recommend credit limits in excess of delegated authority
- Perform reassessments of existing accounts and revise or update limits
- Provide early detection of financial deterioration and to mitigate potential credit risks.
- Provide oversight of customer account balances and monitor AR balances. Investigate and take necessary actions to engage in collection of delinquent balances.
- Review orders placed on credit hold and determine requirements to mitigate exposures in order to release.
- Interface with customers in customer service process.
- Coordinate and provide necessary assistant to AR team in the collection and/or clearing and application process which may involve direct interface with counterparties and making payment arrangement.
Review industry and purchase and sale contracts as needed for input on credit provisions.
- Collateral/Security Management will include obtaining proper mitigation tools i.e. Letters of Credit, guarantees, mortgages when necessary.
- May perform other special projects/initiatives as directed by Manager.
:• This role qualifies for 1 remote work day per week
• 9/80 Work Schedule Option (where applicable)
• Paid Vacation Time
• In addition to vacation time off, receive an annual Vacation perk which includes a payout of between 40-120 hours of vacation pay for eligible employees
• Company-Paid Holidays
• Parental Leave
• Excellent 401(k) Match
• Pension Plan
• Company-Paid Sick Leave
and Long-Term Disability
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans; FSA and HSA options
• Company-Paid Life Insurance
• Other rewards programs for health maintenance, service, and educational assistance
• Dependent Children Scholarships
• Gym Membership
• Employee Discount Programs
• On-site Health Clinic
• On-site Cafeteria (select locations)
• On-site Credit Union and ATM (Corporate office only)
• On-site Fitness Center (select locations)
Target Comp $80-90K max depending on experience
Qualified Inquiries: [email protected]