Job ID#: 11260
Senior Trading Accountant – Energy Commodites
Downtown Houston, Texas (Hybrid – up to 2 days per week remote)
- Understand the trading system and Middle Office calculation of deal profitability and help to articulate the reasons why the desk results fluctuate relative to prior periods
- Review trading system outputs prior to upload into the ERP system and work closely with Operations to ensure deals remain accurate and current
- Interface, analyze, evaluate, and reconcile the monthly derivative hedging activity
- Reconcile quarter and annual inter-company transactions between trading entities and other Total entities for Consolidation Reporting
- Respond to SOX related inquiries from management and internal/external auditors on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Work closely with the Tax Department and External Auditors on transfer pricing and understand the tax implications in relation to our business objectives for the entities located in three different countries
- Successfully build and maintain relationships with internal and external auditors to ensure audit requests are understood and responded to in a timely manner
- Evaluate and analyze Mark-to Market calculations presented by Middle office using an in-house trading system
- Account for and analyze hedging fluctuations in relation to foreign exchange rates and effects in revaluation currency of the accounting system
- Complete special projects as assigned
- This is a trading company with a dynamic and fast-paced working environment requiring individuals be able to anticipate, quickly react and adapt to the business needs within set corporate policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Finance/Accounting, Tax, and Credit team.
- Works daily with Operations/Schedulers, Middle Office, and Traders, to ensure accounting reconciliation is accurate and complete.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting role
- Bachelors degree in Accounting is required for this role, and CPA is preferred
- Fundamental accounting skills required
- Experience with SOX Control, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and account reconciliations
- Meet all deadlines and perform duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Overtime as needed during peak times particularly around close.
Market Competitive $Comp plus annual bonus
6% Employer contributions to Pension
generous industry competitive vacation and sick pay
Hybrid – up to 2 days remote at Manager discretion
Qualified Inquiries: [email protected]