Job ID#: 11312
Payroll Tax Specialist
$65K plus bonus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile daily payroll tax reporting and funding to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Work with federal, state local tax agencies and internal partners regarding tax inquiries, audit requests, reporting and detailed analysis when required.
- Research tax and accounting issues and/or questions and prepare written analyses and conclusions.
- Assist with Monthly, Quarterly and Year End activities including reconciling taxable wages to 940s, 941s and W-2s
- Share responsibility of Quarter-end and Year-end tax process, including W-2’s, W-2C’s, Amendments and tax filings not performed by the tax service provider
- Registration of new tax accounts, closing tax accounts and management of Power of Attorney (POA) and TPA assignments
- Review, identify and make recommendations for system and process improvement
- Other payroll tax projects, as needed.
•Provide Payroll Tax reporting and measurements to leadership
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with a Third-Party Vendor providing payroll tax services preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Designation or currently in progress highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook), Advanced Excel skills to include V-Lookup, Pivot Tables and Macros.