Job ID#: 13016
|Job Title:||Accounting Associate|
|Department:||Finance and Accounting Department|
|Reports To:||Financial Director|
|Salary Range:||to 50K|
Position Summary: The accountant is mainly responsible for day-to-day accounting treatment of certain account captions, certain works in monthly/quarterly/annual reporting, as well as assist the Financial Director in various ad hoc tasks in the Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the accounting works related to ethane and propane businesses, including:
- Review the contract and payment application submitted by the commercial team
- Submit payment request in banks’ systems for the payments to suppliers
- Reconcile receipt in banks with the bills to customers
- Book journal entries for purchase and sales transactions
- Liaison with commercial team to understand transaction flows and loading/delivery schedules of cargos so that appropriate accounting treatment can be made
- Book various expenses such as depreciation, rent, professional fees, office expenses, etc.
- Make accounting treatment on fixed assets.
- Prepare bank reconciliation during the monthly closing.
- Prepare internal financial analysis report on a monthly basis.
- Handle the bank system, such as contact with our bank account management and resolving banking related questions.
- Prepare reports required by US Government, such as Bureau of Economic Analysis, as needed.
- Assist in preparing the information requested by auditors.
- Assist Financial Director in various ad hoc tasks in the Department.
- Handle property tax and sales and use tax related works.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major
1-3 years of professional experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must demonstrate exceptional analytical, quantitative, financial modeling, and spreadsheet development skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills both, verbal and written.
- Full benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k match
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!