Analyst I or II, Confirmations
Job ID#: 13246
Sr. Confirmations & Contracts Analyst / Analyst (4 roles: 1 Sr. and 3 Analyst levels)
Houston, TX (Hybrid: In-Office 4 days / 1 day remote)
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating, tracking and executing trade confirmations for various types of physical and financial energy commodity trades including but not limited to crude, refine products and NGL's.
- Generate, track and execute trade confirmations for various types of physical and financial energy trades including and not limited to Crude, refined products and NGL.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced trading environment and meet tight deadlines and effectively coordinate between counterparties, Legal, Commercial and other functional groups such as Credit, Trade Finance and Middle Office.
- Provides initial review of various contracts and redlines as necessary.
- Resolves discrepancies and inaccuracies in contracts and works through non-standard language with traders, counterparties and brokers.
- Provides oversight and guidance to other confirmations analysts
- Reconciles broker recaps with deal recaps; generate contract exception reports for team manager.
- Reviews inbound confirmation received and reconciles to details in trading risk system
- Adheres to risk control guidelines for trade confirmation process
- Performs follow up on confirmations that are non-compliant with confirmation timelines.
- Works closely with credit and other mid and front office teams as necessary.
- Ensures all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Able to draft waterborne agreements with the direction of compliance, team manager, waterborne scheduling, and the trading team as necessary.
- Provides backup to confirmation team manager, when asked by leadership as needed
- Degree required
- Minimum 1 year in commodity confirmations for Analyst level
- Minimum 3 years in commodity confirmations AND Contracts for Sr. Analyst role
- Experience working with oil and gas contracts (Refined Products, Crude, and NGLs preferred; nat gas background considered) on a trading floor preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Understanding of contract terminology, potential contractual risk, and energy industry contract administration preferred
- Experience using RightAngle or other ETRM software preferred
- Understanding of market and pricing curves preferred
- Understanding of industry standards and conditions preferred
- Understanding of product terminology general terms of all products and methods of transportation used in the industry
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to adjust to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to draft contract language
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to resolve issues with a high sense of urgency
COMP and Benefits:
Market competitive base compensation plus bonus
Industry competitive benefits
Qualified Inquiries: [email protected]
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!