Job ID#: 13350
SVP, Controller – Houston, TX (Northwest) – Bank Controller
(Greater Houston area candidates or self-relocating candidates only)
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the bank, and provides financial consolidation of branches or subsidiaries.
- Ensure the Bank’s facility needs are met (electric, AC, and other issues that may arise).
- Meet external and internal customer service standards established by the Bank.
- Approves final audit reports and makes recommendations to EVP/CFO.
- Manages Accounting staff administrative and finance duties. Supervises accounting functions for the bank.
- Monitors cost control activities. Approves and implements cost control strategies on an as-needed basis.
- Responsible for the monthly close process, financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management and forecasting reports.
- Prepares and reviews bank finance projections and manages bank investment accounting activities.
- Responsible for preparation of budgets and periodic analysis of budget variance.
- Performs technical accounting research and documentation as needed.
- Ensures the bank’s accounting procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversees the training of accounting department and Branch department personnel. Reviews performance evaluations for direct reports and recommends salary adjustments, promotions, discharges and other personnel-related actions.
- Works closely with all department heads in determining priorities to ensure processing and reporting needs are met and carried out in a proper and timely basis.
- Makes recommendations and participates in the selection of related equipment to be purchased or leased.
- Be knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities.
- Responsible for complying with applicable regulations.
- All employees are responsible for behaving in a manner consistent with the company’s values.
Leadership/Management/Supervisory Role Elements:
Training/Instruction, Allocating personnel, Assigning Work, Acting on employee complaints, Reviewing Work, Selecting new employees, Planning work of others,
Transferring/promoting, Maintaining standards, Disciplining. Coordinating activities. Salary increase recommendation
• Is involved in management considerations regarding new services and systems and expansion of existing systems and services as they relate to facility’s needs.
• Perform responsibilities as assigned in the Disaster Recovery Plan
• CPA preferred
• Excellent supervisory, communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
• Master’s degree in business or related field and 10-15 years of experience in management.
- • Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact within all levels of the bank.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- B.A. or B.S.
- Advanced degree (Preferred)Remote Work: In office 100%; may be open to hybrid at a later time
Qualified inquiries: [email protected]
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!