Trading / Corporate Accountant – (Contract Consulting)
Job ID#: 13519
Trading Accountant/Corporate Accountant- (Contract Consulting) – Houston, TX
90 days to ongoing
- Monthly and quarterly analysis of G&A costs and variances for multiple entities
- Book accruals and other necessary general accounting entries
- Reconcile inter-company quarterly balances to meet Group reporting requirements
- Reconcile daily and monthly bank statements
- Review and approve G&A invoices and expense reports entered by staff accountant
- Setup new vendors
- Maintain documentation to support internal and external audit requests
- Assist in annual budget and forecast preparation
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts
- Support ongoing analysis of IFRS 16/ASC 842 lease contracts
- Assist with the preparation of the annual reporting package, including IFRS to US GAAP adjustments and all related note disclosures
- Interface with internal stakeholders and third party counterparties.
- Works daily with accounting team and other affiliated business units to reconcile intercompany reconciliation and rebilling.
- Responsible for organizing all General Accounting activities, and for the evolution of the processes and output of the team.
- Meet all deadlines and perform duties in a timely and accurate manner. Be a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and interact with all departments and outside customer/vendors in a professional and proactive manner.
- 3-8+ years of experience in a General Accounting function
- At least 1 year experience at a commodities trading company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred
- Versed in fundamental accounting skills is a MUST
- Excel proficient
- Market Competitive hourly comp plus approved overtime
Qualified inquiries: [email protected]
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!