Manager, Exchange Clearing & Trade Control
Job ID#: 13867
Manager, Futures Trade Control (Houston, TX in office)
*Relocation assistance provided for right candidate
Accounts for the reconciliation of futures, serve as subject matter expert and drive synergies between internal stakeholders.
- Supervise, provide daily oversight, and set priorities of the Futures Trade Control team; select coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Review, analyze, and reconcile daily activity between trade capture platform and the Future Commission Merchant (FCM) statement. Identify and resolve related issues
- Respond to trader inquiries and support trading platforms.
- Serve as partner with FCM on risk limits, margin brokers and products and as the Relationship Manager with ICE and CME exchanges
- Serve as subject matter expert in the Daily P&L and Position reporting matters; research projects on daily activity and results; answer and resolve internal and external position questions
- Identify and deliver synergies across functional departments within the company
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Review of general ledger reconciliations for completeness and accuracy and ensure aged reconciliations are researched and resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of deal and cost provisions into the ETRM system, review necessary adjustments and work with stakeholders and cross-functional teams to resolve issues
- Provides support and management requests from both External and Internal Auditors
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Provide ad hoc reporting and complete other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or related field required
- Minimum seven years’ energy trading experience required
- Minimum three years’ experience leading a team
- Minimum three years’ experience with ETRM or RightAngle required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred. Excel pivots, lookups are a MUST.
- Understanding of front, middle, and back-office business and operational risks impacting an energy marketing function required
- Experience with process improvements and analytics preferred
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple concurrent projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Critical judgement, problem and situation analysis skills
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills and ability to foster communication with others
- Can demonstrate confidence, professionalism and assertiveness in complex and challenging circumstances
- Time management, follow-through skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Prior experience and ability to work in a demanding fast-paced commodities trading environment is s MUST
- Ability to develop others while insuring accountability
Six-figure Market competitive $$base salary plus bonus
Industry best competitive benefits
Qualified inquiries: [email protected]
Founded in 1998, Professional Alternatives is an award-winning recruiting and staffing agency that utilizes technology and relationships to deliver top talent. Connect with us today!