Job ID#: 15780
ROLE: Title Searcher
Pay Rate: up to $20/hourly
on-site in Buffalo, NY (non remote)
- Responsible for providing an accurate Abstract of Title through examination of land records at the Erie County Clerk’s office.
- Knowledge of computer database and index systems is a plus. The ability to plot and follow legal descriptions, as well as read old, cursive text is needed.
- Attention to detail and being able to multitask in a fast paced environment is a must.
- This position involves comparing and matching legal descriptions that pertain to a specific property. Checking individual names of the owners in ECCO website and setting up all documents (deeds , mortgages, easements, rights of way, surrogate proceedings ,judgements, bankruptcies pertain to the specific property.
- A search is a history of who owned the specific property from a specific date to current.