Job ID#: 16533
Growing company has Environmental Engineer Need ASAP! If this is your passion, we need you!
- Understand, develop, and maintain compliance (air 25%, water and waste 75%) according to environmental plans, procedures, and permit requirements to drive continuous improvement by:
- Obtaining and assembling data for environmental compliance reports, permit requirements, general enforcement issues, metrics, and performance tracking.
- Conducting and documenting environmental inspections, special sampling for plant projects and events, and emission sampling and testing, as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day environmental oversight for the facility.
- Managing waste disposal activities by coordinating with facility personnel and waste management contractors.
- Support development and timely submittal of routine regulatory reports – emission inventory, TRI, Tier II reports, annual waste summary, permits and plans renewals, and others.
- Understand the applicable federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to operations, and assist in the evaluation and development of permit strategy and applications.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with federal, state, and local regulators.
- Represent the Company during regulatory inspections and other meetings with the regulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Chemical or Environmental preferred), with a minimum of 2 years of environmental regulatory or industry experience.
- Working knowledge of environmental laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of refining and terminal processes and associated regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Experience in working with environmental compliance reporting and permitting is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and become a subject matter expert in environmental issues as they pertain to company operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines.