Job ID#: 17317
Legal Accounting/Billing Specialist Needed!
Contract to hire
Looking to add a billing specialist who is a team-player, detail-oriented, motivated, and reliable with great legal billing skills to handle a high volume of billings each month. Additionally, the specialist should be able to build and maintain attorney/client relationships to successfully manage collection activities.
- Produces pre-bills on monthly and ad-hoc basis. Review and edit pre-bills after attorney review.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Submit electronics bills and resolve any e-billing issues. Monitor for payment.
- Create and print final client invoices.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Update accounting records with issued invoices, new payments, customer information, etc.
- Prepare and mail account statements for customers.
- Follow up on outstanding payments and answer customer queries.
- Follow-up with attorneys and clients on past due invoices by contacting attorneys and clients
- Identify and report on accounts for escalation to the Firm Administrator.
- Meet with billing attorneys to manage A/R, as needed.
- Work to resolve billing and invoicing issues which are causing delays in payment.
- Request payment of pending debts in a considerate manner.
- Keep accurate records (client information, received payments etc.)
- Help resolve and manage account balances – resolve inconsistencies.
- Manage monthly credit card reconciliation.
- Assist with special projects/duties as assigned.
- Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
- Prefer 4 year degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of hands-on billing experience in a law firm or professional service industry.
- Strong knowledge of electronic invoice submission and electronic invoice appeal processes.
- Juris (or equivalent accounting software) experience, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys and clients.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment, successfully adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Flexibility to work varied hours as needed.