Job ID#: 17523
Sr. Financial Analyst – FP&A (Commodity Market Risk Management)
$85K to $120K base DOE plus market competitive Bonus
Objective: Collaborate with senior leadership to enhance the efficiency and profitability of the Company. Lead financial analysis and reporting initiatives, focusing on the reconciliation of financial and economic profitability within the Supply and Trading businesses. Contribute to decision-making processes, mentorship programs, and business analytics, ensuring the continuous development of analysts and the evolution of best practices within the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) domain.
Financial Analysis and Management Reporting:
- Analyze, reconcile, and report the financial (U.S. GAAP) profitability in comparison to mark-to-market economic profitability for the Company's Supply and Trading businesses.
- Oversee the design, preparation, and review of ongoing and ad-hoc management reports, providing insightful commentaries on profitability comparisons.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the timing differences between economic impacts and financial reporting, impacting leadership decisions.
Business Decision Support:
- Utilize financial analysis to influence leadership in making profitable business decisions.
- Collaborate with Risk, Finance, and Commercial businesses to provide high-quality reconciliation and commentary on ongoing mark-to-market economic vs. financial profitability, leveraging exceptional analytical and modeling skills.
Mentorship and Development:
- Share expertise and skills to develop future analysts, advising on best practices and skills advancement.
- Facilitate training and cross-training within all areas of Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), fostering innovation and creativity in the next generation of analysts.
Planning & Forecasting:
- Analyze Company's economic and financial profitability against Commercial business plans, conducting analyses based on business performance and market conditions.
- Develop forecasts and reconciliations of different profitability perspectives, aiding senior management in making tactical and strategic decisions through periodic reports.
- Coordinate economic and financial profitability reconciliation reporting and commentary for Commercial businesses.
- Collaborate with Risk, Finance, and underlying Commercial businesses to develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for presentation to Management.
- Identify opportunities to enhance business analytics and performance management tools through key relationships and a deep understanding of business strategy, trends, and events.
- Develop model structures, testing processes, and implement information models.
- Determine the best model delivery (e.g., using Power BI or MS Excel) and create documentation for model implementation and maintenance procedures.
- Mentor direct and peer reports, fostering best practices, innovation, and creativity within the analyst community.
- Facilitate training and cross-training within all areas of FPA, ensuring continuous skill development.
- Lead initiatives and special projects as directed by the FP&A Management team, including the development of new Commercial business and additional systems initiatives.
Education and Experience:
- College Degree (Bachelors Level)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Specialized training or unique skills required:
- Specific experience with commodity market risk management at a leading commodity trader/bank/hedge fund or a master's or greater degree equivalent in a relevant field of study in lieu of experience.
- Experience in establishing risk processes, finance processes and IT systems, and experience building a higher performing organization.
- Experience managing and taking ownership of risk analysis and financial models; deep expertise in risk management techniques, including market risk and operational risk.
- Familiarity with energy commodity market structure with a particular focus on crude oil, refined products, and other related commodities (e.g., RINs).
- Proficiency/prior experience with energy trading and risk management (ETRM) software platform and analytical tools (e.g., Power BI, Alteryx, or other).
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and financial processes and reporting.
- Fundamental knowledge of SAP.
- Background in a quantitative discipline, such as finance, economics, math, or engineering.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including communication, teamwork, and conflict management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; seeks big picture answers beyond immediate scope.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an extremely complex, dynamic, and fast-paced team environment.
This Financial Analyst role represents a dynamic opportunity to contribute to the strategic and financial success of the Company through comprehensive financial analysis, mentorship, and innovative business decision support.
Qualified inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org