Job ID#: 18495
GREAT Regional Sales Manager Opportunity
Northeast side of Houston
Generous Base Pay DOE plus benefits and annual bonus
Great team with Amazing tenure
This great opportunity is with the leading manufacturer of bar grating for a variety of industries: including industrial, architectural, government, safety and more. They have maintained their position by having a dedication towards quality materials, improving technologies, and providing exceptional customer service. You will be part of an experienced team collaborating closely with the customer, helping ensure all projects are a success. From inquiry to installation.
Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment.
- Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- These job skills and traits are normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a bachelor’s degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, industry standards, as well as product specification manuals. Ability to author routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or employees of our organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel software. Sales Manufacturing software experience is desirable.
-100 year old American Manufacturing Company, Well established sales/client relationships, in-office role when not traveling on sales calls, looking for early to mid-career candidates, primarily sell industrial grading to distribution companies, large Engineering and Construction companies as well as large iron works companies.