Job ID#: 18940
Remote if not local to WI
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Under the direction of Compliance and Legal Umbrella Management:
- Act as a compliance resource and respond to compliance questions from branch offices, other departments, investors, regulators, and others as needed.
- Assist in execution of Compliance Plan by performing various internal and regulatory compliance reviews.
- Investigate potential compliance issues and report findings.
- Research, analyze and summarize state and federal laws, regulations, etc.
- Prepare and maintain regulatory filings.
- Perform research and investigation as necessary to assist with the completion of company reports.
- Assist with audits, exams, and the preparation and completion of compliance reports and follow up to ensure issues are resolved.
- Assist with HMDA data review process and enter information through the QuestSoft program.
- Support Marketing Team and assist with marketing compliance by reviewing marketing materials and providing feedback.
- Assist with staff compliance training (including content development/refinement), maintain training schedules, and track completion.
- Assess compliance-related policies and procedures and make recommendations.
- Assist Compliance and Legal Umbrella Management as needed.
- Administrative duties such as copying, scanning, preparing mailings, etc.
- Complete any additional duties as assigned by management.
- Complete regulatory and compliance training, as required.
- Assist WMC employees and Departments as needed.
- Experience with Encompass Loan Origination System.
- Extensive familiarity with regulatory frameworks and with the regulatory environment related to the mortgage lending industry or a related field.
- Extensive experience working with regulators such as FDIC, HUD, or similar and/or state regulators.
- Ability to manage people.
- Familiarity with existing state and federal laws and regulations and proven ability to learn new state and federal laws and regulations related to the mortgage lending industry.
- Ability to conduct investigations and interviews using excellent communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and communicate complex information in written and oral formats.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or privileged information.
- Ability to work individually and within a team.
- Ability to communicate complex information in plain language.
- Strong leadership skills.
- General administrative skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree required.