Job ID#: 9313
Payroll Specialist – Immediate Hire
Currently seeking an experienced professional to join us as Payroll Specialist. This position is responsible for direct processing of multi-state (32 states) payrolls on both a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis for over 3000 employees. This position will also assist the HR Team with other corporate HR functions.
- Process bi-weekly/semi-monthly payroll that is following federal and state laws.
- Assist in payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, stop payments and other operations.
- Review payroll reports and time-sheets for correctness before payroll transactions.
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Oversee salary changes, compensations, deductions, bonus, vacations payouts, and benefits for employees.
- Assist in payroll and time-sheet audit activities.
- Assist in tax calculations and filing activities as per IRS regulations.
- Respond to your teammate's payroll questions in a timely manner.
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain payroll system process with up-to-date and accurate procedures.
- Maintain employee payroll records and time-sheet data for future reference.
Skills you need to have for success: (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field OR comparable work experience
- 3+ years of bi-weekly/semi-monthly multi-state Payroll processing experience
- ADP- WorkForce Now experience
- Previous experience with Time/Attendance reporting
- Details matter: Have a solid math aptitude and strong analytical approach with a close eye for details
- Priorities change: You thrive thru multi-tasking capabilities and a demonstrated ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office — including Outlook, Word and intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of labor and employment law and best practices.
- Ability to maintain confidential data, be HR oriented and personable while working both independently and as a team member in a changing environment.
Qualifications that make you stand out: (Preferred)
- 10+ years of multi-state Payroll processing experience, Payroll Certification
- Prior Accounting experience
*Due to the high volume of applications we normally receive, we are not able to personally respond to all applicants. However, if you are selected to move forward in the process, you will be contacted soon regarding next steps.