Job ID#: 9557
Senior Credit Analyst -Commercial Banking
(60- 90 day Consulting Contract for
Tri-Cities area, Michigan Location regional bank)
Underwrites loan requests for business and commercial real estate, reviewing and analyzing financial and industry data, borrower performance and management capabilities to assess credit worthiness and estimate the degree of risk involved in extending credit to commercial customers.
Accountable for meeting specified goals related to proper loan risk rating determinations, quality of loan presentation and productivity. Represent the Bank to both internal and external customers in a courteous, professional manner in face-to-face, written and telephone communications. Responsible for adherence to regulatory compliance standards including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), company policies and procedures, as well as the quality and timeliness of departmental activities. Actively protect confidentiality of customer and account information. Demonstrate Bank’s commitment to the communities in which we serve through active involvement in local organizations and events.
- Core duty in this consulting engagement will be to assist the credit department of this regional bank to bring commercial loan credit reviews up to date (primarily CRE credit reviews along with some C&I credits).
- May also address new customer credit by performing the initial and ongoing credit analyses to determine if customer loan requests satisfy policy and procedure guidelines, and prepare and process all applicable documentation. Make recommendations to Loan Officers when requests fall outside of policy.
- Prepare objective written credit analyses for Loan Officers and Loan Committee including recommendation of risk ratings for complex new loans or the renewal of existing facilities, detailing debt service coverage, collateral coverage, payment history, personal financial statements and cash flow, loan relationship, liquidity, leverage and guarantor strength.
- Recommend procedural changes to management when inconsistencies are discovered during the underwriting process.
- Consult with loan officers on proper loan structure and covenants.
- Perform all work in compliance with established regulations, policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
- Participate in ongoing skill, compliance, product, market, risk management and security training as required for the position and apply knowledge in performance of daily tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 yrs + experience as a credit analyst in commercial banking or commercial real estate environment preferred
- Experience with government lending programs (SBA 7a, SBA 504, USDA) preferred.
- Knowledge of use of Microsoft Office Software required and Credit Quest (or similar underwriting software) a plus.
- Formal Bank commercial loan credit training is a very HIGH preference.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial (CRE) lending practices and industry standards
- Superior analytical skills, detailed documentation and sound judgement.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
Qualified inquiries: email@example.com