Job ID#: 9714
Trade Finance Consultant – Immediate need in Houston, TX
This requires someone to come into the Houston office daily
Great opportunity with a well-known global commodities trading firm in Houston, TX. Well respected leadership team and seasoned Finance organization. Due to steadily increasing global trading transactions, my client is seeking a Trade Finance Doc L/C specialist to come in on a Contract Consulting basis for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year engagement.
- Creating and coordinating all activities around export documentation and letters of credit.
- Assists in managing overall process for issuing and monitoring letters credit primarily documentary credits.
- Manages the import/export documentation required by US and international customs agencies
- Coordinates customer credit information and collateral papers with Loan Officer to comply with bank credit established standards
- Advisory to traders, schedulers, and back office team on INCO terms
- Single point of accountability notifying exporters and importers of issuance of letters of credit covering shipment of merchandise.
- Provides subject matter expertise in review of L/C documents to determine compliance with international standards.
- Ensures all terms of the credit are verified (i.e. $amount, insurance coverage, and shipping conditions) to determine compliance with established standards.
- Coordinates customer credit information and collateral papers with Loan Officer to comply with bank credit standards.
- Verifies and accepts or rejects documents presented under Letters of Credit.
- Recommends changes to the L/C for customers and ensures export documents are in conformance.
- Effectively communicates verbal and written information regarding L/Cs to customers.
- Creates export invoices and forwards export shipping documents to international buyers.
- Coordinates with freight forwarders and inspection companies to finalize shipping documentation
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics OR Trade Compliance Certification OR minimum of 3 years of DIRECT experience performing in a similar function handling inbound and outbound Doc L/Cs in commodities trading in lieu of degree or formal certification
- Subject matter expertise with INCO terms and LC governing bodies rules and draw protocols (i.e. ISP98, UCP 600, etc.)
- Commodity experience HIGHLY preferred
- Attention to detail is a MUST
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical and lateral thinking skills
- Energy Trading and Risk Management systems (Right Angle) experience preferred
- Well-versed with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Qualified inquiries: email@example.com