Job ID#: 9749
Excellent opportunity for a Commercial Collections Representative with a company in Southwest Houston. Large company with excellent benefits looking for a driven, motivated candidate who is wanting to make a difference!
The candidate must possess strong customer service skills and good working knowledge of credit and collections. Knowledge includes, but not limited to, managing a specific portfolio, making judgment decisions on the status of a customer account, aging and soft collections. Strong organizational skills will be required to manage the flow of activities, customers, calls and order releases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle a specific portfolio of multi-family accounts (ranging from 800 – 1000+ accounts).
- Prepare reports on status of collections
- Review and maintain daily activities of collections
- Contact customers via telephone, email and mail to ensure payments
- Release orders
- Soft collections
- Make judgment decisions regarding the status of a customer account based on thorough analysis of the customer’s purchases, payments, history, ability to pay and our business strategy.
- Maintain strong communication with Outside sales representatives, Customer Service and Management
- Maintain accurate and up to date collection notes
- Research and reconcile overpayments
- Research and reconcile misapplications
- Assist with special projects as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent; with some college or degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in credit and collections
- Cforia experience preferred but not required
- Able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must handle heavy workload in a fast-paced environment (800 – 1000+ accounts)
- Must be able to work 8AM – 5PM schedule (overtime as needed)
- Successful passing of a pre-employment drug screen, background screen and driving record