Job ID#: 9819
HR Generalist, start ASAP!
Katy, TX (77494)
Up to $29/hour
The Human Resource Generalist will be responsible for leading HR initiatives and the adoption of best practices, and the attraction, development, and retention of employees. The successful candidate must also work closely with senior management to accomplish objectives in the areas of safety and health, benefits, compensation, employment relations, HR systems, internal communications, leadership development, recruiting, and training.
- Maintain, update, and keep current employee information online with Paycom
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (i.e. 401K contribution changes, loan payments, payroll deductions, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit references as may be required by law or policy.
- Develop reports for management that contain requested payroll information (i.e. employee census, YTD earnings, anniversary reports, pay rate history, etc.) utilizing payroll report writing function.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits and general personnel questions.
- Respond to inquiries from authorized third parties regarding employment verification, references, and unemployment inquiries.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements
- Manage annual enrollment for health insurance and all benefits and corporate sponsored privileges; conduct 401k and health insurance and benefits enrollments throughout the year.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC regulations, Affirmative Action Plans, Texas Workforce Commission notices, EEO1 posting, Workers Comp Insurance, and all related employment required activities.
- Maintain company relationship with Governmental Reporting Agencies on a State and Federal level in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain all employees, benefits, policies and procedures and related logs/indexes.
- Train employees in all HR areas common to general orientation and minimum required conduct for employees; train managers for duties and responsibilities in employee relations; may require visiting site locations to help employees onboard or train on new systems and procedures.
- Manage Workers Compensation injury documentation and archival, claims handling, third party payments and allowances, and hearings.
- Undergraduate degree in HR related field OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an HR management role required. SPHR, CCP, or other related HR certification are required or in progress.
- Knowledge of general HR practices and requirements to include Wage and Hour Laws and general benefits administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and systems; Paycom knowledge is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), and presentation skills; professional demeanor to interface with employees and senior management.
- Self-starter, and able to multi-task; capable of handling deadline pressures.