Job ID#: 9829
One of our Industry Leading clients’ in the emission control field is looking to add a stellar Accounts Payable team member to their team in the La Porte Office. If you feel you have what it takes to be a valuable contributing member, APPLY TODAY to 24$ Hourly!
SUMMARY: In this role you will be primarily responsible for processing all invoices, expense reports, and payment requests accurately and in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to external vendors and internal personnel regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including purchase orders, processing invoices for payment, assisting with reconciliations, and obtaining approvals.
• Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons. • Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
• Handle the administrative needs of the AP/Finance Department such as obtaining W-9’s from vendors prior to processing payments and opening mail, scanning, and distributing to appropriate personnel.
• Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
• Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring compliance with company policies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Basic accounting knowledge and good math skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. *** Will be tested on this
• Quickbooks experience a plus
• Basic understanding of business ethics.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers and copier.
• Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
• At least one year of related experience.
*** A Caliper screening will be required before offer stage