Job ID#: 9981
Sales Tax Clerk, start ASAP
Company Highlights: Our client is a leading distributor in the insulation industry for over 35 years. Come be part of the growing customer focused team that continues to move their business forward!
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm (some flexibility)
Duration: 3 months, temp-to-hire
Job duties below:
- Assist with File Maintenance and set up ship-to addresses for branches
- Maintain daily ship-to log
- Determine taxability and exemptions are created recorded accurately
- Have experience with exemption certificates/documents in different states? All 50 states would be ideal
- Determine validity of each exemption certificates/document
- Upload exemption certificates for exempt ship-to in our tax software
- File business licenses for each branch with the correct jurisdiction
- Prepare, File and Pay property tax for branches as needed
- Assist in researching
- Respond to sales and use tax inquiries
- 3+ years of experience in sales or property tax
- At least basic manufacturing accounting skills
- Intermediate level of Excel and excellent data entry skills
- Avalara Cert Capture is a plus
- Detailed and organized
Please, local only. No sponsorship available.
Questions to ask when screening the candidate
-What makes an exemption certificate invalid?
-What is the difference between a job specific exemption certificate and a blanket exemption certificate?
-If products are being shipped to LA (which is the product destination), would a TX exemption certificate validate the exemption?
-What is a bill of lading?
-When is a bill of lading used?