Job ID#: 9157
SR Credit/Collection Analyst
Reports to: Credit Manager
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Responsible for the collection of all open accounts receivable activities for Company. Assists with all facets of Accounts Receivable and Credit/Collection activities as assigned.
- Interact with customers regarding collection of open accounts receivable balance. Verifying balances with customers on a monthly basis.
- Conduct daily calls to past due account receivable accounts. Email any missing invoices, Proof of Deliveries as requested, and demand letters as necessary.
- Establishes pay-plans on outstanding balances per Company policies, suggest & re-evaluates customer’s credit levels as necessary. Credit authorization level up to $100k.
- Review accounts per Company policy for placement of accounts on credit hold & subsequent removal.
- Able to audit customer histories, trace payment applications.
- Interfaces with Sales Customer Service & customer to resolve customer payment disputes.
- Credit investigation on new accounts, references, trade D & B and Bank. Credit authorization level up to $100k.
- Set up financial portion of new accounts.
- Communicate collection progress via reports and verbally to management
- Recommend accounts for collections, pay plans, legal activity.
- Letter of credit knowledge required.
- Liens and lien release knowledge required.
- Escheatment knowledge is a positive.
- Write up journal entries and adjustments necessary to make corrections to A/R.
- Strong knowledge of debits and credits to G/L advisable.
- Filing activity related to A/R accounts.
- Other duties as required
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct A/R, Credit and Collections experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business related.
- International experience in Credit and Collections
- Microsoft Office Suite Expertise.
- Mainframe experience preferred (ASI, Man-Man, OMAR, QAD, GetPaid).
- Strong presence, communication, and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate and manage at all levels.
- Proactive and results orientated – taking a keen sense of personal ownership.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.