Companies today produce, collect, process, and store incredibly high volumes of data, making big data jobs increasingly important. Every action taken by a customer, every hit on their website, every email that’s sent, read, or engaged with, social media, back-office data, sales, marketing – and the list goes on. Data is one of the most significant influencing factors in how a business is run from day-to-day. It informs the way forward and helps companies to optimize every process from the back office to the end-user. As a result, there is a large number of big data jobs, so much so that LinkedIn’s Workforce Report identified data science as an “off the charts” skills gap, especially in America’s largest cities.
What Are the Top-Ranked Big Data Jobs of 2022?
Data science ranks high in terms of demand, and most related jobs come with a comfortable salary. Depending on your skill and experience, yearly salaries range anywhere from $61,000 to $150,000 with excellent potential for growth.
Here Are the Current Top 6 Big Data Jobs of 2022:
1) Data Scientist
A data scientist mines and interprets data for organizations. Working with cross-functional IT teams, they develop statistical data models that inform systems-related recommendations and initiatives.
- Qualifications: Advanced degree in computer science and previous work experience in a related field.
- Salary: According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a data scientist is about $108,000.
2) Data Engineer
Data engineering jobs are involved in manipulating large, complex data sets, creating prototype code from algorithms, designing dashboards, and various tools for end-users.
- Qualifications: college degree in computer science or engineering; proficiency in a wide range of coding languages, database design, and various systems.
- Salary: The average yearly salary for a data engineer is about $100,000.
3) Data Analyst
A data analyst is involved in designing and deploying large-scale surveys, overseeing everything from recruiting participants to presenting the findings in charts, reports, and various digital formats.
- Qualifications: proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, Sharepoint, and SQL. Excellent communication skills are critical as they must be able to translate complicated information to company executives and decision-makers.
- Salary: the average salary for a data analyst in 2019 was about $60,000.
4) Security Engineer
Data security engineers are involved with disaster planning, risk mitigation, and forensic investigation of systems security issues.
- Qualifications: B.Sc. in engineering or computer science, plus several years of experience in a related niche. Ideally, a candidate will also have relevant security certifications, a good understanding of computer languages, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Salary: The average salary for a security engineer in 2019 was $102,000.
5) Database Manager
A database manager organizes, secures, validates, and generally makes a company’s data accessible.
- Qualifications: most jobs require a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position with a strong emphasis on project management. Proficiency in current database technology is also required.
- Salary: The average salary for a database manager is about $87,000
6) Database Security Administrator
Data security administrators are primarily concerned with securing those databases (and other sources of data like document stores and individual user accounts) and their multifarious interfaces against unauthorized access.
- Qualifications: most jobs require a bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership position with a strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Salary: The average salary for a database manager is about $59,000
Finding and Landing Your Next Big Data Job in 2022
These are just a few of the top-ranked data jobs that are in-demand today. It’s clear to say that if you are a data professional, you are in demand! To make sure that you are matched with the best position for your skills and experience, connect with a member of our team to get one step closer to landing your dream job.
Other Recent Blog Posts
Wherever you go in for a job interview, chances are you are going to be asked some questions.…(Read More)